English has always been one of the more enjoyable subjects. Rather than learning the complexities of human development and evolution or what affects the entropy of a solution, English has always been lighthearted. The thing is, however, this semester has been different in an extraordinary way. Instead of sitting in a seemingly quiet class listening to an hour and fifteen minutes of a professor talking, this class has brought life back into lectures. My writing has changed, I’ve grown to think in different ways, and I have learned lessons that will follow me outside of the classroom. There have been so many different things that could be taken away from a single semester of English.

Starting off, my writing has changed a lot. Instead of simply writing a clean-cut essay about characters and the storyline I’ve started to think outside of the box. I started to look at stories/plays from a new perspective, often relating it to pop culture or events in my own life. On top of that, I will take away socialization and finding a new voice with me in my day-to-day life. More than ever, I have gotten the opportunity to speak my opinion without the insecurity of judgment or even resentment from others. Every class was a new opportunity to expand in my ideas with the ability to share them with my peers.

Lastly, I envision myself still loving everything that has to do with English–especially the books and poetry aspects of it. I love to read stories and write poetry, so I can most definitely foresee myself continuing that in the future. If I have the time to do so, I hope I can dabble in some story-writing of my own and push myself to create a new world through words. Even entering break this year I have a stack of fresh books on my bookshelf that need some attention. Even though this is likely my last English class due to my bioscience major, I will never forget the lessons learned and friendly faces that I would see every Tuesday and Thursday. Who knows, maybe someday I’ll look back on this class and miss it the most!


Comments

  1. Victoria, it was great having you in the class and I'm glad I got to meet you along with everybody else. This has been such a great group of people, and this class overall was lots of fun to be in. I want you to keep up the good work, and to always hold onto this knowledge from Professor Brady. I also want you to have a great summer, and I hope to see you in the Fall!

    P.S. - Hold onto the letter, it's a remembrance of me along with the class, our classmates and Professor Brady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts